The New Fast and Furious Movie

Starting in 2001 and offering eight successful productions, the Fast and Furious series almost seems unstoppable, especially after the release of the Furious 7 in 2015. This film has generated almost $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the sixth highest grossing film in history. In the first 24 hours of Universal Pictures’ release of the Fate of the Furious trailer, it has received more than 139 million views. With its latest release of the Fate of the Furious on April 14 2017, it is no surprise that this new addition would be one of the fastest movies to have reached about $1 billion worldwide. Just over Easter weekend, the film reached an estimated $532.5 million globally.  The film also received $10.4 million during preview screenings in North America.

In the Fate of the Furious, Brian and Mia are retired and Dom and Letty are on their honeymoon in Cuba. The rest of the gang, Roman Pearce, Tej, Ramsey, and Luke Hobbs are finally disentangled from the chaos of the road. The once frenetic team are definitely able to see the possibility of a peaceful and normal life. However, with the meeting with a peculiar woman, Cipher, Dominic is forcibly persuaded back into the world of crime and betrayal, the type of life he and the crew had hoped to discard into the past. Dominic Toretto unwillingly turns against his family and his wife, Letty, whom he had protected and cherished throughout the previous seven films. Now, the remaining crew will have to team up with Mr. nobody and Deckard Shaw to face perils that will determine the fate of their crew.

Off the arctic Barrens Sea, the improvised, elite crew is sent to attempt to prevent a terrorist from eliciting turmoil on the world’s stage. From the familiar streets of New York and the shores of Cuba, our elite crew must cross the world in order to prevent this rebel from immersing the world in peril. All while trying to complete this mission, the crew must attempt to bring back the very man who banded them into a family.  

The Fate of the Furious is directed by F. Gary Gray. It was produced by returning producers Neal H. Moritz, Diesel, and Michael Fottrell. The movie’s cast consists of Vin Diesel (Dom), Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs), Jason Statham (Deckard), Ludacris (Tej), Michelle Rodriguez (Letty), Tyrese Gibson (Roman), and Kurt Russell (Mr. nobody). They also have two Oscar-winning actresses Charlize Theron, who plays as Cipher, and Helen Mirren, who plays as Magdalene Shaw. Nathan Tran, a student at Kraemer middle school, comments, “It’s very surprising how the film was able to reach about $532.5 million over Easter weekend and $1.5 billion worldwide. The Fast and Furious series do seem unstoppable!”