Kepler-452b

A planet hidden within space clouds.

A planet hidden within space clouds.

Unsplash

Unsplash

A planet hidden within space clouds.

We’ve all looked up to the stars and wondered what life would be like on a different planet. Well that is what will happen if humans keep doing what they are doing, which is treating Earth like people do not care about it. Humans have inhabited the Earth for millions of years and have been slowly, killing it. Scientists say pollution from factories and global warming will soon end Earth’s life span. Soon enough, the planet will give up on people and they will have nowhere to go, unless scientists learn more about a new planet. Kepler-452b is the planet that has the most proof of human life especially because it’s sun is almost exactly like ours. It is known by scientists that Kepler-452b is Earth’s bigger cousin. Kepler has good enough temperature to contain water. It is also called  a Super Earth because it is 60% larger than Earth. It takes the planet 385 days to orbit the sun which is only 20 more days than Earth. This planet just might be humankind’s next home.

There are about 4 other planets that astronomers have found with the name Kepler, including Kepler-20e, Kepler-22b, Kepler-186f, and Kepler-452b, but each was discovered not to be suitable for human life. For example, Kepler 20e is too hot for human life like Venus, compared to Kepler-452b which has the perfect temperature like Earth. Many planets are capable of human life including Kepler-22b which is just like Kepler-452b, but is more than twice the size which means it is very possible that it has a non-solid surface. Possibilities of finding an inhabitable planet are endless and human life still has many to call home.

Being 1,400 light years away with a bigger sun, Kepler-452b may just be mankind’s next home. It will take over 25 million years to get there even at 40,000 mph! Thousands of years will go by before scientists can even find technology that will last them the trip to get there, and even with that, the human race will cease to exist long before the brave men and women can land on it. If the government ever should announce this, people would go and ask to please see the new home that everyone will be living at in the future. Kepler-452 is humans best chance to survive after Earth, and even though people do not know much about it, they need to have faith that it will help humanity.