Filed under Campus Life

What To Expect at Open House

Kraemer Middle School's Open House

Kraemer Middle School's Open House

Kassem I.

Kassem I.

Kraemer Middle School's Open House

Every year, a special event that happens at Kraemer Middle School called Open House gives parents a chance to see their child’s wonderful achievements. They will also get to watch performances, attend an art show in the MPR, purchase books from the Book Fair, visit classrooms, and even get dinner from the cafeteria while they’re at it! This year, parents will visit school on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Here is everything people need to know to get ready for this special night.

The schedule first starts with musical and dance performances from Kraemer students, which starts at 5:45 P.M. The first group that will start is the Jazz Band from 5:45 to 5:55. Then, the Vocal Ensemble will perform from 5:55 to 6:05. JV WinterGuard performs from 6:05 to 6:10, followed by Orchestra from 6:10 to 6:20. After them comes KMS Hip Hop which starts at 6:20 and lasts for 5 minutes. Furthermore, the Dance Team will perform at 6:25, followed by the Varsity Winter Guard, who performs from 6:30 to 6:35. During the performances, there will be an Art Show that will premier all the art created by students and it will be located in the MPR from 5:45 to 8:00. Some of this art includes drawn portraits, colorful masks, cube people, paintings, and many more. There will even be an event to remember Mrs. Blank for all of her hard work and love in teaching her art class. At 6:35, there will be a PTA Welcome and Service Award Presentation. This is when teachers decide to nominate other teachers because they believe that they deserve a certain award. Then, at the assembly, the teachers who were nominated for the award will stand in a group, and one teacher out of the group will receive the award. From 6:30 to 8:00, there will even be a Book Fair in the library. Some of the great selections of books available include the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down book, Assassin’s Creed books, Middle School by James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts, and more. They also have other things like posters, UV and invisible pens, sticky hands, and much more. Then, from 7:00 to 8:00, parents are allowed to visit classrooms. However, unlike Back to School Night, every classroom is open. This allows students to enter into the classrooms they think they will be in next year. Finally, the school will be serving dinner created in the Kraemer Kitchen from 5:00 to 7:00. The combo meals are only $4.00, which includes a grilled Parmesan sandwich, spicy teriyaki bowl, turkey ranch wrap, buffalo chicken wrap, and a chicken Caesar salad. There is also a la carte for only $1.00.

Open House is a very big event happening at Kraemer. There are a variety of  things to see, hear, watch, and even eat! Kraemer Middle School student Machaela O. says, “I’m hoping that my teachers show all my hard work to my parents.” This is all of the great things that will be happening on the night of Open House.