Filed under Features

Greatest Company Rivalries

Some+companies+have+pretty+bad+blood+with+each+other.+
Some companies have pretty bad blood with each other.

via Unsplash

via Unsplash

For many years, companies have tried to be the best at what they do. Since the time of their creation, they always reach out for customer satisfaction by trying to sell people amazing products with great quality. However, they would always have a competitor that would always beat them by serving something even better. This would lead to them being stuck in a company rivalry. These are some of the best ones of all time.

DC vs. Marvel

Many people have probably heard others  talking about how DC has better superheroes than Marvel, or vice versa.  However, the two companies do not hate each other at all. Rather, they treat their rivalry in a friendly way, and a way of improving on their work. Marvel even compliments DC, by naming them “Distinguished Competition” When it comes to film productions, Marvel takes the lead by a lot. DC, however, likes to stay with its originality. As a way of remembering who does what, Marvel is with Avengers, but DC thinks Batman and Superman are the real superheroes.

Nickelodeon vs. Disney Channel

People probably recognize these two channels since they were little kids. However, unlike Marvel and DC, these two companies’ feud have not been pretty. Disney is pretty much known as the king of all media corporations from across the globe. However, Nickelodeon has been showing some fierce competition lately. For those who don’t know, Nickelodeon (Nick) is a cable channel that has a wide variety of teen and kids shows. Disney didn’t like this, and so they started to steal their executives, such as Rich. While Disney had more teen shows like Hannah Montana and Good Luck Charlie, Nickelodeon hosted shows with animation like Spongebob Squarepants and The Loud House. Needless to say, these two still have it out for each other.

McDonald’s vs. Burger King

Since the mid 1900’s, McDonald’s and Burger King have had a very genuine feud. Their fight is so big, that the McDonald’s Corporation founder, Ray Kroc, has summed it all up in one sentence: “If they were drowning to death, I’d put the hose in their mouth.” These two were always at each other’s throats, from either copying ideas for a brand new burger, to their fake advertisements. However, Burger King had lagged behind by the beginning of the 21st century, letting other burger places like Wendy’s to surpass them.

Coke vs. Pepsi

Of course, how could anyone forget one of the biggest rivalries in history: Coke vs. Pepsi! It was so big for such a long time, that they made up a name for it: The Coca-Cola Wars. They both branched out to practically the same audience, which made it all the more better. Coke has been branded for a more family-friendly audience, and is even the reason why Santa wears red clothes! Pepsi, however, tends to go for young people, addressing themselves even as a drink for young people. The two of them have even grabbed celebrities to endorse their sugary beverage. Based on all of this, it’s safe to say that these two will be stuck in a feud for a very long time.

These are obviously some of the biggest company rivalries. Each one them strives to do what they do best, but some also want to be better than their competition. KMS student Brandon W. says, “I think that company rivalries are cool because it shows how everyone wants to improve.” These feuds are only examples of how much these companies fight for the top.