Top 5 Popular Youtubers Among Teens

Most teenagers roam on social media and watch their favorite shows or look at content on Youtube. Most even have favorite YouTubers such as the famous Pewdiepie and Nigahiga and subscribe to their channels. Youtube has been around for about 11 years and will soon be going for its 12th. It is also the second largest search engine and comes third in the most visited site after Google and Facebook. 91 percent of teens between the age of 13 and 17, in the US, claim to use Youtube. There is even a Teen Choice Awards that is aired on FOX. Teens nominate certain YouTubers to be entered and the youtube with the most popular vote is the winner. In 2016, Lilly Singh won the comedy section under the choice web star in the teen choice awards. Here are the top 10 popular YouTubers among teens.

1. Pewdiepie

Pewdiepie is a Youtube channel made by Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, a Swedish YouTuber, and gamer. Most people would know Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg due to his popular gaming videos and hold the record as the most subscribed person on Youtube. He dropped out of college to film videos of him playing games full time. Due to his hilarious reactions to horror and action games, he was able to gain more views and subscribers. He just passed 49 million subscribers and has about 10 billion views.

2. Nigahiga

Nigahiga is a Youtube channel created by Ryan Higa on July 20, 2006. By December 21, 2010, it gained 3 million subscribers, being the first channel during that time to do so. Ryan Higa’s videos are solo made or are produced with some of his friends. Some of the first videos on Nigahiga were uploaded by Ryan and his friends Fujiyoshi Sean, Tim Enos, and Tarynn Nago. Some of the most famous uploads are How to be Ninja, How to Sing Like your Favorite Artist, How to be Gangster and Nice Guys. Nigahiga has about 18 million subscribers and 3 billion views.

3. Tyler Oakley

Tyler Oakley is an American humorist and activist Youtuber. He started his channel on September 18, 2007. Most of Tyler Oakley’s activists are based and dedicated to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) youth and rights. He is also dedicated to social issues concerning healthcare, education, and suicide in LGBT youth. His channel contains various topics such as queer politics, pop culture, and humor. Tyler Oakley has about 18 million subscribers and 600 million views.

4. Iisuperwomanii

iiSuperwomanii is a Youtube channel created by Canadian Lilly Singh. Lilly Singh is a Youtuber, actress, author, motivational speaker, rapper, and blogger. She started her Youtube channel, iiSuperwomanii, in October 2010. Her videos mostly portray Punjabi culture in dramatical ways. The culture of Punjabi is one of the oldest cultures in the world. The Punjabi people are now spread across the world and the state of Punjabi is in North West India. One of the most popular video on iisuperwomanii, is How Girls Get Ready and has a popular series that has her parents, Paramjeet and Manjeet, reacting to trending and controversial videos. Both of her fictional parents are both reacted by Lilly dressed up as her parents. Lilly Singh’s channel has received over 10 million subscribers and 1.5 billion views.

5. Ricegum

Ricegum is a Youtube channel created by Bryan Le, a famous American Youtuber, and gamer. He started his career as a Youtuber on September 24, 2012, and his first videos contained commentary videos on famous games such as Call of Duty. After he was able to gain more subscribers, he started making his famous These Kids Must be Stopped series and other various videos. In his other videos, he makes diss tracks, roasting web stars such as Loren Beech, Jacob Sartorius, and Hunter Rowland. Bryan Le’s channel has more than 4.7 million subscribers and 360 million views.

Atticus K., a student at Kraemer, comments on some of these YouTubers, especially Ricegum. He says, “These videos are very beneficial towards viewers that are not offended because of its humor and creativity. But at the same time, it is also offensive towards the people who the video is directed towards to.” Overall, these famous YouTubers are widely known to teens for uploading their interesting, funny and creative videos.