Tips For Being Successful in Quarter Four

cairowestmag.com

Quarter 4 Success

With the third quarter just ending, grades have been entered into Aeries, and report cards become finalized. Whether they be average, exceptional, or below average, these grades showcase the student’s work throughout the quarter in their classes and electives. Did they improve in their classes? Did they maintain the same grades? However, not all students improve, whether it be through missing assignments, failing test scores, lack of effort in work, or any other reason. These factors lead to grades that could potentially be below average, leaving a negative mark on a student’s report card. This can be set right. If students keep up healthy study habits, manage their time responsibly, and communicate with others, they can succeed in quarter four.  

For one, smart study habits are a key to acing assessments and keeping learned material ingrained in one’s head, no matter how difficult. Procrastinating and waiting until the last minute to study won’t work out. Cramming studying into one session is not the way to go, and in doing so, knowledge won’t be properly processed in the brain. By managing one’s time responsibly, one can sufficiently study. This can be done by spacing out work over periods of time rather than cramming it all at once. The knowledge of the material can stay fresh and one’s head and ready to be utilized during exams. 

Spacing out work over periods of time can also be done for homework and projects. By managing time wisely, one can get their work done on time, and the amount of missing assignments can decrease. Planning out work sessions and sticking to a consistent schedule would also be beneficial. Finally, in terms of working and studying, it’s important to have a specific goal for each work period. Planning out what to accomplish leads to it being more organized, and therefore aiding in completing work efficiently. 

One could also find more entertaining methods for studying so information can be absorbed easier. Instead of staring at a textbook to try to remember dates and formulas, trying more entertaining methods could make studying easier. For example, studying with friends could help. One can also use studying games such as Kahoot or Quizizz to keep productive when studying. A crucial reminder is to keep from being distracted by friends, family, or non-important activities, such as watching T.V. or surfing the internet. 

Communication is key. Whether it be with peers or teachers for help on anything, communicating can aid anyone. Don’t be afraid to ask questions regarding anything, as this could clear up confusion and misunderstanding of school-related topics. Instead of dealing with schoolwork alone, having someone alongside and helping out is a great way to keep on task and on top of one’s work. 

P.R.I.D.E., a 30-minute period between 3rd and 4th period, is a great time to get work done and learn new things. If one were to have missing work or not do well in a certain subject, communicating with the teacher of that subject and using P.R.I.D.E. sessions wisely is a solution. The teacher could give a student a red stamp in advance, and during that teacher’s P.R.I.D.E. session, one could make up their work or make a better understanding of the subject. On top of that, just using P.R.I.D.E. to work on any assignments is also beneficial. Work can be completed during that period, lessening the workload at home. Of course, using P.R.I.D.E. for enrichment, such as playing board games or making friendship bracelets, is alright as well. However, completing work is the top priority, especially if it’s missing. The primary problem with many students is that they don’t use P.R.I.D.E. wisely, with the main reason being distracted by friends. So, using P.R.I.D.E. to one’s advantage is a great way to bring educational success. 

The fourth quarter can be a fresh new start. Grades are reset, and anyone, no matter how low their grades were in past quarters, can be the best they can be. With smart study and work habits, good time management, communication skills, and using P.R.I.D.E. sessions to one’s advantage, grades can be kept high and maintained until the end of the school year and one would be successful during quarter four.