#HelpSteve Club

#HelpSteve Club

Many students of Kraemer Middle School have been exposed to the #HelpSteve movement by teachers and staff members. Now, the movement is proud to announce that several students have helped form a #HelpSteveClub with the sole purpose of supporting our custodian, Steve, to clean up the campus.

At Kraemer Middle School, #HelpSteve is a very widely known campaign to encourage students to help clean up after themselves. Still, many people ignore the movement and leave the school janitor to pick up after them. Irresponsibly, almost all trash is left in disrespect to the staff members that manage school grounds. Not much had been done to help get rid of the mess until a fateful day during the morning hours. This discussion would be a significant step to help keep the campus in order.

As the name suggests, #HelpSteve club meetings are held to act on their only goal, which is to help Steve keep the campus clean. The club came to be when students Kalea M. and Amy S. realized how dirty the school grounds were. They both reached out to P.E. teacher; Ms. Jones, who was glad to give the concept a try and arranged a meeting to be held during Thursday PRIDE to see if people wanted to participate. Even with the help of advertising, the club’s first session wasn’t the most successful, but as time went on, the number of volunteers grew and grew. The club has now gained several regular members. Since then, every Thursday during PRIDE, students are given the option to help clean different areas with different groups of people.

However, before joining a club, it is essential to know how the process works. Being fairly simple, when the session begins, Ms. Jones will stamp each planner, leading to the first step, which is to put belongings away. Then, each volunteer grabs their share of equipment, and two groups are formed. One group is assigned the task of cleaning up the field, and the other group is assigned to clean up another area around the school, like the blacktop or the rest of the campus. Approximately five minutes before the bell rings, all members meet back at Ms. Jones’s court, where hands will be cleaned. Finally, belongings are picked up, and everyone waits until the bell rings to signal the next period. A warning to newcomers is that interesting discoveries are sometimes made and handled while sessions are in progress.