Combining Cohort A and B

Ever since school started in 2020, students have appealed to the idea of finally being able to attend school, no matter how few the amount of days it is. Students were divided into three different groups: Cohort A, B, and Remote Learning. Cohort A would go in-person to school on Mondays and Tuesdays, while Cohort B would go in person on Thursdays and Fridays. People who chose the option of Remote Learning stayed at home for the whole week. However, the school has recently introduced the idea of combining Cohort A and B together (meaning that people would go to school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday). This event will take place on April 19th.

Ever since quarantine had started, the sheer number of COVID cases instilled fear in many families. Some were reluctant to even go to school for two days. Although this is the case, Corona’s vaccine had finally been produced. Immediately after this event, the COVID cases went down considerably. This resulted in the new requirements of the CDC and had given the opportunity to try out having more students together in one area.

There have been a mixed amount of feelings about the decision that the school has made. Some think that it’s too soon and that the school should be more careful and cautious of COVID. Others are delighted at the sound of being able to slowly go back to normal. The variety of emotions may be a good factor to consider, but whether or not people oppose, the decision has been made.

Some differences have been noticed by the student, and others, about the provisions. One difference is the CDC’s new requirements of only needing a 3 feet distance between desks in classrooms and the disappearing stickers on the lunch tables (the stickers would tell the students where to sit).

Needless to say, parents have also been worried about the sudden change. Their children will be more exposed to people and giving some uncomfortable vibes. The opinions on the combining of cohorts have been split in half: one side frowning at the idea and the other looking forward to the concept of meeting new people. Of course, Remote Learning will still be an option for those who are uncomfortable with spending more days at school.

Mr. Aronson, a teacher at Kraemer, states that he’s excited to see more students at the same time. He’s also looking forward to seeing his in-person students four times a week instead of two times. As most of the teachers are, he’s also hoping for the best!

There is no wrong decision when deciding whether to go in-person or Remote Learning. It all depends on the safety of the students and their families. Although there is some division between the opinions, everyone is hoping that the students and staff members all stay safe and healthy!