Is Yellowstone Volcano About to Erupt?

Scientists worry that the Yellowstone super volcano is about to erupt.

The Yellowstone Supervolcano and the park, in general, has been a tourist favorite to visit, but the tours that lead up to the volcano are currently closed due to 127 earthquakes that hit the volcano two weeks ago causing many fissures within the volcano. The biggest concern with the fissures is the 100ft fissure crack that could cause the volcano to blow! Multiple new hotspots that are being found. The latest hotspot was found and is said to be the size of a football field.

The first major problem that is causing scientists to believe that the volcano will blow soon is the fissure cracks that are being formed along the volcano’s sides and near the main structure of the volcano. This is a major problem because the fissures are currently producing heat and smoke from the cracks. This reason is why the park has closed this part of the park and no more people are able to see the main parts of the volcano. The fissure crack that is worrying scientists is the 100 ft crack, that was formed not to long ago in around March The 100ft fissure crack is what started most of the scientists to start closing areas of the park to run tests and see if the volcano itself is ready to blow soon. These are the reasons that make the fissure cracks one of the major problems of the reasons people think the Yellowstone super volcano is going to blow.

The second major problem that is causing scientists to believe that the volcano will blow soon is the new hotspots that are being found, this could be very bad!  The latest hotspot according to scientists is the size of four NFL football fields. This hotspot is also near a really good part for many people to tour and explore the woods and an amazing section for seeing many animals such as bears and other things that are beautiful. The exact location of the hotspot is located on the northeast side of the park. They knew it was a new hotspot when they found that there were many dead trees located around that hotspot which was affecting the area where animals are. The animals that are near the location if they had a home in that location, they had to relocate and find another safe area to live, which is hard for many smaller animals.

In conclusion, these are the major effects that are causing many scientists to believe that the volcano is ready to blow. These fissures and hotspots will have many effects on the blow.    

Amrit R., Reporter

Amrit R. is a seventh grader at Kramer Middle school who likes to spend most of his time eating snacks. He has shown a love for basketball by playing with...