Death of Nipsey Hussle

A mural of tribute to late Rapper Nipsey Hussle, who's motto was Hussle & Motivate. It is located at the end of LA's Arts District on Violet Street near Mateo St.

Flickr

In early 2019, successful American rapper Nipsey Hussle passed away. Before his death, he was a 2019 Grammy Nominee for his album Victory Lap. Nipsey was involved in organizations associated with gangs before his debut in Hollywood, but he was not a bad person. Despite the people he was involved with, Nipsey continued to donate to charities and his old community. This gained and gave him a lot of respect from others. On the last day of March, a man named Eric Holder gunned down Nipsey, killing him for unknown reasons.  

Nipsey Hussle was in front of one of his successful clothing shops in Los Angeles, California, picking up clothes for a friend who had been released from prison after serving twenty years. Hussle being a kind-hearted person, wanted his friend to be in fresh, clean clothing since he was seeing friends and family for the first time in over two decades. However, the moment didn’t last very long as a man came in a car and shot Hussle numerous times, then kicked him to make sure he was truly dead.

Many young and upcoming rappers die too young. From Tupac to XXXTentacion, this redundant violence must end now. Many knew and loved Nipsey Hussle for his good deeds. As a result of his death, police in Los Angeles and different places in the US are trying to stop gang violence. The gangs of Los Angeles are trying to create peace amongst one another to respect Hussle.

Many celebrities have paid tribute to Nipsey after he died.  Rihanna, Pharrell, and many more have been moved by this one man and his death.  Not just celebrities, but the people in his neighborhood pay respects to him every day.  Nipsey had his whole life in front of him, a family, a successful career, many fans, but his life was taken from him by Eric Holder.  

Nipsey Hussle was born in the Crenshaw neighborhood in LA.  He donated a lot of money to his old neighborhood because he wanted to help the current and future generations.  Many people in Crenshaw loved him for his good deeds and are outraged by this unnecessary act of violence. They pay tribute to him in a place called Nipsey Square in Crenshaw.

Nipsey has caused a movement and people all over the world pay their respects to Nipsey Hussle, a good man with good deeds.  His death stirred the hearts of many people who knew him and Nipsey Square is full of people paying their respects to the man who was able to help so many.  “You’ve got to have faith in what you’re doing and not take no for an answer.” – Nipsey Hussle.  Rest In Peace Nipsey Hussle.

Noah K., Reporter

Noah K. is a 7th-grade student at Kraemer Middle School. He is part of the Cub Reporter Staff and also participates in Computer Applications as his second...