Five Feet Apart Movie Review

The+book+in+which+the+adaptation+of+Five+Feet+Apart+was+taken+from+and+actual+equipment+used+to+help+treat+people+with+cf.+

Five Feet Apart Movie Review

The book in which the adaptation of Five Feet Apart was taken from and actual equipment used to help treat people with cf.

https://sandiwrites.com.au/2018/12/08/five-feet-apart-book-review/

The new movie, Five Feet Apart, was recently released in the movie theaters on March 15, 2019. Five Feet Apart is a movie about two teens with Cystic Fibrosis and shows how they live their everyday life and what they risk doing certain things they’ve never done before.

Five Feet Apart is about two teenagers, Stella Grant, and Will Newman, who are both dealing with a disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Stella has been in the hospital for a very long time. She met many people there like her best friend Poe who also has CF and got to know her nurse very well. An activity that she likes doing in the hospital is visiting the NICU, a place where sick babies are put for care. While there, she isn’t allowed to go inside the room but likes to look through the window to see the babies. During her time in the hospital, she also created a YouTube channel to update people on what she is going through and the procedures that are going to happen to her.

In the hospital, Stella is waiting for a lung transplant that will last her for 5 years, and Will is testing an experimental drug. Since they both have Cystic Fibrosis, if they get close to each other, there is a higher chance of them dying. This is because they can become sicker from being exposed to more germs. To prevent them from this problem, they have to wear latex gloves, stay 6 feet apart, and not touch each other, no matter what. Will and Stella begin to have a more than friends feeling for each other. Instead of being 6 feet apart, they decide to break the rules and be five feet apart. They go on their first date and risk many things, one being there lives.

Five Feet Apart, is a heartwarming movie with many scenes that make many viewers’ hearts melt. The characters go through many hardships and dramatic events during the movie that leads to more conflicts. Cystic Fibrosis is a serious disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. It is a sickness that many people may have to face and this movie really explains what it’s like to be a patient suffering from it. During the film, it shows how the characters were never able to do certain things that people take for granted every day. They have never traveled to other places in the world, been able to participate in many physical activities, got to touch or hug other CF patients like Poe, or other everyday activities. This movie made the people watching the movie have sympathy for the characters and understand the struggles of their lives.

Charis P., Co-Editor-Food and Travel

Charis P. is an 8th grader who currently attends Kraemer Middle School. She decided to join Newspaper because she chose it as an elective last year and...