Celebrity Spotlight: Gordon Ramsay

Celebrity Spotlight: Gordon Ramsay

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gordon_Ramsay_(262930770).jpg

Gordon Ramsay is a famous British chef who is known for his T.V. shows and his love of cooking. Many people can identify Ramsey as he is commonly found throwing a “tantrum” when the food is just awful. During this rage, Ramsay swears a lot and throws harmful insults towards the person or people that made the food. Ramsay throws these tantrums because he cares about food and the culinary arts a lot and he can’t stand people messing up these dishes. There is one dish that Ramsay is most known for and it is the Beef Wellington. Although this dish has been around for a long time, like any good chef, Ramsay has put his own modifications to it and made it a complete original.

On November 8th, 1966, Ramsay was born to Gordon Ramsay Sr.  and Helen Ramsay, in Glasgow, Scotland. When he was 5, he and his family moved to Stratford-upon-Avon, England. At first he wanted to be a professional sports player but that dream quickly fizzled out. When he was 15, he was very talented so he joined the Glasgow Rangers. Three years later, Ramsay had a knee injury that ended his sports career early so he went to earn a degree in hotel management in 1987. After getting his degree from North Oxon Technical College, he wanted to gain some culinary skills so he was trained under one of the best, if not the best, cooks in the world. His name is Marco Pierre White.

After he finished his training, Ramsay opened his very first restaurant in 1998 and he named it Gordon Ramsay. Since then, Ramsay has opened 34 other restaurants worldwide with many of them having at least one Michelin star. Michelin stars are sought out by many chefs as they are a great honor to have. Michelin stars are only awarded to the highest quality restaurants with each one being harder to get than the last. Ramsay’s first restaurant has gained all three Michelin stars in 2001.

Ramsay’s very first T.V. show was a very popular one and it is Kitchen Nightmares which was first aired in 2004. In this show, Ramsay goes to the failing restaurants that call him and he tries to make them profitable. This show has sadly been ended in 2014 but there is a good amount of content that was released when it was still running. Hell’s Kitchen and Masterchef put a chef’s skills to the test and they both helped the chefs that competed in them along the way. While the former ended in 2009, the latter is still running and a new season is coming out sometime this year.

Gordon Ramsay is a person that is very passionate about what he does and he also wants to spread this knowledge to others. Many people will say that he is just rude but he needs people to respect his authority or else he might come off as uncaring. Cooking is a great thing and Ramsay appreciates the skill required for it and he embraces the culinary arts. Ramsay is a great and passionate chef and there is little who would not want to eat his food.

Bryan W., Reporter

Bryan W. is the kind of person that loves playing video games and reading. He lives with his mother, father, sister, and grandma. When he goes to school,...