Filed under Features

The Most Amazing World Records

The Guinness World Record contains thousands of different and interesting records held by people all over the world.

via Flickr

In the 1955, Sir Hugh Beaver first created the Guinness World Record book. Since then, 141 million books have been sold in over 100 countries in many different languages. What are world records anyway? World record are the best or most impressive performances in history that has been recorded. There are records from the longest human mattress dominoes to a person with 80,26 teddy bears. Five of the most amazing world records, the longest human tunnel traveled through by a skateboarding dog, the tallest building, the person with the longest hair in the world, the longest plank ever held, and the most liked Instagram post.

The first extraordinary record held by a dog named Otto is the longest human tunnel traveled through by a skateboarding dog. In Lima, Peru, 30 people lined up in a single file line with their legs spread apart to create a tunnel. Otto, a three-year-old pup, had to travel through without being led or touched. People gathered around as the bulldog succeeded! Now, his video has millions of view and he is famous. Luciana Viale and Robert Rickards, Otto’s owners, first got their inspiration by the former bulldog, Tilman, who was the fastest dog on a skateboard. His journey in 2015 blew up to the public and his family is forever grateful for their awesome experience.

The Burj Khalifa, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, holds the next world record for the tallest official building. For the past 20 years, the people studied to construct it, and has improved the city tremendously. Reaching 2,716 ft. 6 in. in the air, the Burj Khalifa is described as a modern, vertical city. Mr Ahmed Al Falasi, the executive director, said, “We’re born with a challenge. A challenge to prove to ourselves first, and to the world, ‘Yes we can’.” They wanted to achieve the record of the tallest building ever standing, and they did.

The next interesting world record is the person with hair that reaches 18 ft. 5.54 in. Xie Qiuping has been growing her hair since she was 13 in 1973. “It’s no trouble at all. I’m used to it, but you need patience and you need to hold yourself straight when you have hair like this,” she said. Now age 59, she has still not cut her hair and it has only grown longer since it was first measured over 18 ft. in 2004.

In Beijing, China, an event started to hold the longest plank, run by Men’s Health. It started at 10:26 in the Beijing Shangri-La Hotel on May 14, 2016 and two contestants participated, Mao Weidong and George Hood. George lasted an extraordinary 7 hours and 40 minutes, but miraculously, Mao lasted even longer with 8 hours and 1 minute. The challenge was watched by many people and ended at 18:27 (6:27 pm). Mao is a member of the Beijing SWAT Team and trained vigorously to truly put his core strength to the test.  

Lastly, the final world record, held by an egg, is the most liked Instagram post. @world_record_egg account has gone viral since they first posted a picture of a brown speckled egg on a plain white background. Within 10 days, the egg beat out Kylie Jenner’s post with 18 million likes (and counting). The caption for the post was, “Let’s set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this. #LikeTheEgg #EggSoldier #EggGang.” Many accounts have also taken inspiration off the egg and created post similar, but never as popular. Now with over 53 million likes and 9.7 followers on Instagram @world_record_egg holds the record for the most liked Instagram post. These are only five of the most amazing, interesting world records.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Most Amazing World Records”

1. Thomas Wu on April 9th, 2019 9:59 am

hold up the Burj Khalifa isn’t in Malaysia
    it’s in the U.A.E.

*

• The Most Amazing World Records

Human Speed Records

• The Most Amazing World Records

The Education System in Finland

• The Most Amazing World Records

Internet Trends and Challenges That Risked People’s Lives

• The Most Amazing World Records

Apex Legends: The Killer of Fortnite

• The Most Amazing World Records

The Mystery Of Cicada 3301

• The Most Amazing World Records

Should Glitter Be Banned?

• The Most Amazing World Records

Teen smirking at Native American provokes outrage

• The Most Amazing World Records

Sweetheart Candies Will Be Unavailable

• The Most Amazing World Records

Why Are Some Clothing Brands So Expensive?

• The Most Amazing World Records

Over 3,500 Get Stung by Jellyfish at Beaches in Australia on the Weekend

The Most Amazing World Records