Filed under Food & Travel

Best Places to Visit in China

The great wall of china

via Pixabay

The great wall of china

China is a very historic and important place which has many fun and cool places to visit. Throughout China, there are many historical places to come to and to learn about the history of China or just see the great scenery of it.

One of the most impressive monuments in China is one of the 8 great wonders of the world which is the Great Wall of China. The wall was at first pretty short but over a long period of time, it grew to a massive length. At first, it was built to protect from invaders and to protect the Silk Road but now it is an extremely popular tourist attraction with around ten million people visiting it every year.

Another impressive sight is the impressive bamboo forests that China contains. Of these bamboo forests, there are only a small amount that contain the elusive giant panda. The giant panda can only live on mountain sides that are about 4,000-10,000 feet above sea level. These areas can only be found in the Tibetan foothills of the Sichuan, Gansu, and Shaanxi provinces. If tourists ever wanted to view these pandas, they would need to go to Chengdu which has many panda bases and nature reserves to protect pandas.

Two impressive historic places to visit are the Terracotta Army and the Forbidden City. The Terracotta army can be found in Emperor Qinshihuang’s Mausoleum Site Museum. The Terracotta Army was first built to protect Emperor Qin in his afterlife. The whole army consists of over 6,000 soldiers but sadly, only 2,000 soldiers can be viewed by the public because they want to keep the rest of the army preserved. When it was being created, over 700,000 people worked for forty years to make it. To make these soldiers, they had to put them together by hand after molding it then they would harden it in a kiln. The Forbidden City was a city that only emperors could enter which is why it gained the name of being forbidden. The city was built by over one million workers and it took fourteen years to build. To explore it, tourists would need at least 2-3 hours to take it in. The city has over fourteen million visitors every year and it has a maximum of 80,000 every day. This city has a few defences in place to protect the emperors and they include a 170 foot wide moat, a 35 foot tall wall, a heavily guarded watchtower in each corner, and four gates for easy escape.

There are many beautiful and historical places in China to explore and tourists need to visit them in order for a full experience. China has a rich history that can be explored by just coming to these places, or they can just be explored for fun.

Bryan W., Reporter

Bryan W. is the kind of person that loves playing video games and reading. He lives with his mother, father, sister, and grandma. When he goes to school,...