Five Disney Movies Coming Out in 2019

https://pixabay.com/photos/walt-disney-world-disney-castle-2066168/

Disney has dominated box offices in 2018 and continues to make well-written movies. This year, many new movies will be coming out in 2019. There are especially five movies that people and critics are excited to see.  

First, of the five movies Disney is coming out within 2019, is the live-action remake of Dumbo. The film is set to be in theaters on March 29th, with famous actors Eva Green (playing Colette), Collin Farrell (playing Holt), Danny Devito (playing Medici), and Michael Keaton (playing Vandermere). Well-known director Tim Burton will be directing this new masterpiece, putting his own twist on it. A lot of people are thrilled to watch Dumbo but said they might shed a few tears after watching the heartwarming trailer.

Another movie coming out in 2019 made by Disney, is yet another live-action remake, this one of Aladdin. Aladdin is the story of a poor peasant boy who gets a magic lamp with a genie granting him wishes. He meets a beautiful woman who turns out to be Princess Jasmine. While they are happy, an evil royal vizier named Jafar takes the lamp because he wants control of the kingdom of Agrabah. This film will be coming out on May 24th, having Mena Massoud play Aladdin, Will Smith play Genie, Marwan Kenzari play Jafar, and Naomi Scott is playing Princess Jasmine. Guy Ritchie will be taking the 1992 cartoon and turn it into a movie with live people.

One of the many movies coming out in 2019 by Disney, is Toy Story 4. This cartoon movie is set to come out on June 21st. Toy Story 4 is the fourth movie of the Disney franchise. Tim Allen is reprising his role of Buzz Lightyear, Tom Hanks will playing Sheriff Woody yet again, Joan Cusack will be playing Jesse, and others Keanu Reeves, Jordan Peele, and Keegan-Michael Key will be playing new characters. Many young children are excited for this one, after seeing the funny trailer with all the characters from Toy Story one through three.

It seems as though 2019 maybe Disney’s best year yet, because the Disney classic, The Lion King, is getting a live-action remake. This film is set to come out on July 29th directed by Jon Favreau. Famous singer Beyonce is going to play Nala, James Earl Jones will be reprising his role as Mufasa, Donald Glover will be playing Simba, and comedian Seth Rogers will be playing Pumbaa. Since the original characters are cartoon animals, Disney will be using computer generated animals using the actors and actresses voices.  

Last but not least, is everybody’s favorite, Frozen 2. This movie is a sequel to the box office hit Frozen. The movie is going to be in theaters on November 22nd. It will be directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck. Idina Menzel will be playing Elsa, Kristen Bell will be playing Anna, Josh Gad will be playing Olaf, and many more new actors will be joining the cast. All anyone knows what the movie will be about is that snow Queen Elsa and her younger sister Anna, will be on a new adventure far from home. Many young children are excited for this sequel because of the movie’s funny characters and catchy songs.

Overall, the live-action remake of Dumbo, the live-action remake of Aladdin, the live action remake of The Lion King, Toy Story 4, and Frozen 2, will be an exciting experience worth waiting for.

Kayla A., Reporter

Kayla A. is a 7th grader currently attending Kraemer Middle School. One of her favorite classes is Newspaper with Ms.Smith. Kayla plans on being a reporter...