Filed under Campus Life

Student Spotlight: Chloe Samson

Chloe Samson, loving daughter, caring sister, and kind friend. On August 18, 2005, she was born here in California despite her Filipino and Italian background. She lives with her mother, Melissa, father, Eric, and younger brother, Micah. Chloe’s dad is currently a teacher at El Dorado High School, which is where she will hopefully be attending after she graduates her second year at Kraemer Middle. Before attending middle school in Placentia, Chloe went to Golden Elementary from 4th to 6th grade. Not only does she live with her parents and brother, but also owns 2 small dogs, Piper and Oswald. On a rainy day, someone can always find Chloe cuddling with her little chihuahua who often climbs under her jacket to keep warm.

Although many students may not know this, as a fourth grader, Chloe was a very competitive gymnast. However, she fell and injured her elbow, which eventually ruined her career. When she fell, her arm twisted and a piece of her humerus bone chipped off. She also completely tore through one of her ligaments, and partially tore the other two. As she struggled to overcome this challenge and continue gymnastics, it became quite clear that the odds were not in her favor. After working with professional a physical therapist and multiple doctors, Chloe eventually came to the conclusion that she could no longer perform. Every day, she was unsure what her future would hold. Soon, Chloe would find her true passion. Color Guard.

Students may see her on campus roaming the halls with her friends. Along with being a Kraemer student, Chloe participates in the after-school Color Guard team where she is the captain and part of the sabre and rifle lines. Along with leading her team, she was voted ASB officer in 2018 by giving a speech in front of all of the seventh graders. “If it’s meant to be, it will be”, she says.

Along with being a natural born leader, Chloe attends the Gate program here at Kraemer Middle school. She excels in all her classes, especially Social Science, which is her favorite subject. Throughout her life, she has visited Mexico, London, Paris, Venice, and so much more. However, her dream vacation would be in the Philippines, relaxing with her family relaxing on the beach. In her free time, Chloe loves to go to the movies with her friends and sit down with her family for dinner eating her favorite meal, chicken adobo, a Filipino dish.

Whenever students feel down they can always depend on her to make them feel better. Her energetic attitude brightens up the room as soon as she walks in. Chloe’s friends often describe her as enthusiastic, caring, thoughtful, and inclusive. She’s passionate about leading others and goes out of her way to make sure everyone is happy.

Clara S., Editor

Passionate, kind, caring, and athletic. Clara S. was born on September 20th, 2004 in Dallas, Texas. She lived there with her two older sisters until she...