Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood

via wikimedia Commons

Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is a nonprofit organization that does research into and gives advice to contraception, family planning, and reproductive problems. One in five women goes to a planned parenthood center for advice when they need help with their family life. Many people, mainly LGBT, teen parents, and struggling parents, go to Planned Parenthood for assistance. The employees of Planned Parenthood are very good about helping the people who come to them and making sure they are prepared for the life ahead of them.

Planned Parenthood provides the services and goods to walk their patients through the hard family problems of their lives. They provide HIV and STD testing and treatment, birth control, treatment, and testing for reproductive cancers (breast, cervical, testicular, and prostate), medicines to help prevent HIV, and more. They educate both adults and children about the important information about how to care for themselves properly.

The government has their own thoughts about Planned Parenthood and their actions. They found out that Planned Parenthood had been illegally selling fetal tissue from people who had abortions. Two activists, sent by the government, went to one of the Planned Parenthood meetings where they were selling the fetal tissue illegally. Once the news spread out into the world, people began to revolt against Planned Parenthood’s abortions because they knew that there was a chance that their very early born baby could be sold for money.

The reason why Planned Parenthood is so controversial is that even though they perform under half of the abortions in America, they also earn millions of taxpayer dollars every year. Millions of women go to a Planned Parenthood clinic or center for an abortion which helps the women, but for each abortion, Planned Parenthood performs, they receive lots of money that should’ve been going to the government. All of the people who pay taxes, and do not use Planned Parenthood, are not appreciative towards the association. Because of this reason and more, there have been multiple attacks towards Planned Parenthood, where 8 or more people were killed during attacks at the clinics for abortions.

It is not only the abortions that made people want to go against the organization. There were multiple staged videos where there were people from Planned Parenthood talking with “clients” who wanted to buy the fetal tissue. There were also videos that were heavily edited to look like Planned Parenthood was selling something illegal, even though they haven’t done anything wrong. Since the videos came out, there have been several attacks toward the doctors and the employees at Planned Parenthood. There have been more than 5 people dead after the videos have come out, and there also have been many arson fires at the clinics.

Planned Parenthood is an organization that is used for the better of the people, but because of untruthful information, many horrible events took place. Babies that were given birth to during abortions were sold illegally at Planned Parenthood is just one of the lies told to the world, and because of this one lie, there have been several large complications.

Lauren N., Reporter

Lauren Nam is a 7th grade gate student at Kraemer Middle school who enjoys all of her classes, including newspaper and spanish. She decided to join newspaper...